Friday 6 July 2007

Beres


I ran the race, flew the flight, and I'm now back at home in Malaysia. It's nice to be home. I'm always having to wait to use the PC because both my brothers are back at home now and with my dad retired, that's one extra person doing 'nothing' :p

I'm quite happy with my timing. I finished the 10km in only 47 minutes and 55 seconds, waayy ahead of my 1 hour target. I must admit it was quite an experience running with so many other people (there were at least 20 thousand runners there) and with so many people cheering you on. The streets were lined with people cheering, shouting, clapping, waving banners, playing music, singing, taking photos... It really was a sight.

I have a few people I'd like to thank - the guy in the yellow and black running vest who I tailed behind for the first 6km before giving up and running at my own pace, Geri Halliwell ("It's Raining Men" was blaring from the speakers about 2km from the finish when I wanted to give up running), the hostel staff who allowed me to use the shower even though I had already checked out, Suzy for writing the cheque for £48.78 raised offline, and every one of you who supported me as I ran for CARE.

THANK YOU : )

p.s. "beres" translates to "done" or "finished" in Malay.

No comments: